We undertake tasks for many private, public, bilateral and multilateral clients on all facets of the supply chain across agriculture and horticulture sectors. To identify and resolve possible weaknesses from production to commercial level and undertake commercial studies evaluating trends and markets for a wide range of products.
This includes the translation of the global requirements in relation to the environment, workers, farmers or communities whereby enabling companies to access the global market. We have worked extensively with retailers and small holder farmers in the conversion from push to pull markets by selection, training and translation of the global requirements in relation to the environment, workers, farmers or communities whereby enabling access to the global market place and getting product from the fields to the shelves.
We undertakes supply chain due diligence for commerce, private equity investments or as a lending advisor to financial institutions.
We bring new sources to companies that are willing to think differently about sourcing policies and provide a network of contacts to help SME’s break into new markets. We have worked extensively with retailers and small holder farmers in the conversion from push to pull markets by selection, training and translation of the global requirements in relation to the environment, workers, farmers or communities whereby enabling access to the global market place and getting product from the fields to the shelves.
- India; Developement of the floriculture markey, establishing homegrown flower sales into retail channels in four major cities in India
- Kenya and Uganda; Project Nurture enabling more than 50,000 smallholder fruit farmers to double their income
- Kenya; New Business Models for Sustainable Trading Relationships program, identifing the characteristics of business models and trading relationships that allowed smallholders growing high-value agricultural products to access modern retail markets.
Investment Due Diligence
The supply chain is the heartbeat of any company and it is an integral part of any investment. On behalf of investment institutions, we undertake in-depth analysis of the business plans by evaluating the supply chain including raw material sourcing strategy, the agronomic conditions, Evaluate markets, sales arrangements and potential customers and review of the financial model
- Cote d’Ivoire: Evaluation of feasibility Cocoa Processing
- Africa; Evaluation of horticulture investment opportunity
- Cote d’Ivoire: Due Diligence of Cotton Oil factory
- Europe: Evaluation of investment opportunity
Feasibility studies & Market research
We undertake feasibility studies and market research to support horticulture and agriculture investment programs assessing the investment opportunities and risks for development agencies and private sector companies. We review the current global markets, possible entry points for suppliers, current products origins and competitors, required certifications, phytosanitary risks, relative competitiveness for producers products in the global market place, SWOT analysis with recommendations and identified opportunities and risks.
- Cambodia; Assistance in development of mango supply chain and go-to-market strategy
- Ethiopia; Feasibility study and business plan development to support the establishment of a premium coffee export business.
- Pakistan; Values Clarification and Attitude Transformation Workshops focussing on raising the quality and compliance of agricultural produce for export markets
- Kenya & Tanzania; Investment opportunities fresh produce study assigned by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Africa; Fairtrade’s impact from a value-chain perspective aimed at cocoa, tea, flowers and bananas.
- Zambia; Development of a tomato processing facility
- East Africa; Feasibility studies on avocados and mangoes.
- Africa: Afrexim Market Study to aid Afrexim Bank to evaluate the loan demand of the African agri-processing sector